Marissa: 618-295-2321 | New Athens: 618-475-2151 | Sparta & Tilden: 618-443-2139

Jimmie L. Davis

Jimmie L. Davis

Jimmie L. Davis, 86, of Marissa, IL went home to our Lord and Savior on March 3, 2024, peacefully surrounded by his loving family at Memorial Hospital in Shiloh, IL.

Jimmie was born on September 17, 1937, to John F. and Monica “Mona”, nee Kasperzick, Davis in Marissa, IL. He served in the U.S. Army from 1955-1958, including 2 years in Germany as a Specialist 3rd Class. He earned an Expert Rifle badge and Motor Vehicle Drivers badge with Mechanic bar during his service. He worked 16 years at Peabody River King Mine UG#1 in Freeburg, IL and later at Sparta Community Hospital for 10 years before retiring. He was a member of First Baptist Church of Marissa, IL. He married his wife Roberta, nee Bailey, Davis on April 10, 1964, and was looking forward to celebrating their 60th anniversary next month. He was blessed with three daughters, eight grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren.

He is preceded in death by his parents, brothers – Joseph Davis, John F. “Jack” Davis Jr., Billy Davis, Gary Davis, sister – Delores “Tootie” Farmer, and son-in-law – Matthew B. Gurley.

He is survived by his wife – Roberta, daughters – Ann McCormick of Marissa, IL, Linda Henson of Marissa, IL, and Sarah (Kevin) Dudenbostel of Camp Pointe, IL, son-in-law – William “Bill” Henson, grandchildren – Andrew McCormick, Michael Buen, Bailey Gurley, Brooklyn Henson, Breanna Henson, Brittany Dudenbostel, Jacob (Tarryn) Dudenbostel, Robert (Barb) Dudenbostel, great-grandchildren – Danté, Kahmi, Esmé, Taylinn, Aleah and Orion, sisters – Annabelle (Merv) Hoffman of Lenzburg, IL and Margaret Politsch of Lenzburg, IL, sister-in-law – Juanita Liles of Marissa, IL, and many nieces and nephews.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church in Marissa, IL.

Visitation: 9-11 a.m. on Saturday March 9, 2024, at Heil-Schuessler Funeral Home in Marissa, IL.

Funeral: 11 a.m. on Saturday March 9, 2024, at Heil-Schuessler Funeral Home in Marissa, IL with Brian Tedrow officiating. Burial will follow at Marissa TWP Cemetery in Marissa, IL.

Heil-Schuessler Funeral Home in Marissa, IL is in charge of arrangements.

1. Cheri Queen says:

2. Tim Campbell says:

3. Tammy Andrews says:

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

“Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I’m aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don’t understand why, when I need You most, You leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

You are in my heart Sarah.

4. Stephanie Loewen says:

So sorry for your loss. Sending love and prayers to the whole family.

5. Lela Neisler says:

6. Amy Sommer says:

So sad and sorry for yout loss. You have my sympathy and are in my prayers.

6 Comments

1. So sad and sorry for yout loss. You have my sympathy and are in my prayers.

2. My sympathy to the family. Mona and her SIL, Pearl were two of my mother’s best friends.

3. So sorry for your loss. Sending love and prayers to the whole family.

4. One night I dreamed a dream. I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

You are in my heart Sarah.

5. Roberta, sorry for your loss. May be consoled by the many memories you have of your 60 years together. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

6. Jimmie was always such a kind soul when we worked the same shift at the hospital. He was such a hard worker and would even go as far as making sure we made it out to our cars safely when leaving work after dark. I’m so sorry for your loss and will be keeping you in my prayers

Submit a Comment