Marissa: 618-295-2321 | New Athens: 618-475-2151 | Sparta & Tilden: 618-443-2139

Eileen Mae Little

Eileen Mae Little

Mrs. Eileen Mae Little, nee Ramsey, 85, of Marissa, IL, born September 5, 1938, in Marissa, IL, passed away on Saturday March 2, 2024, at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.  Mrs. Little was a homemaker, a retired hair stylist and a member of the First United Methodist Church of Marissa, IL. She was a fan of George Portz and His Friends of Bluegrass, the RSVP Country Band, the Rendition Band and Country music in general. She also enjoyed her trips to Nashville, TN and Branson, MO. She loved visiting with friends at the Marissa Senior Center and the Senior dinners in Tilden, IL.

Mrs. Little was preceded in death by her parents – Rosal and Catherine (Voytas) Ramsey, her husband, David L. Little, one son – David T. Little, one brother – Larry Ramsey, and one grandson – Justin Little.

Eileen is survived by four children –  Doug (Lisa) Little of Marissa, IL, Lori (Keith) Adair of Baldwin, IL, Russell (Tammy) Little of Alton, IL and Amy (Mike) Reese of Marissa IL, two brothers – John Ramsey of Joliet, IL and Ray Ramsey of Sparta, IL one sister – Dorothy Kraus of Shiloh, eight grandchildren – Travis (Kasey) Little, Rachel Adair, Josh Adair, Danielle Little, Megan (Austin) Tucker, Dylayna Little, Harley Reese and Philip Reese, and nine great grandchildren – Gavin “Auggie” Little, Brendan Wheat, Leon Little, Theodore Tucker, Bennett Tucker, Zander Campbell, Roman Lemberg, Lewis Lemberg and Tylan Reese.

Memorials may be made to the First United Methodist Church window restoration fund or the Marissa Senior Center.

Visitation: 9 – 11 a.m. on Wednesday March 6, 2024, at First United Methodist Church in Marissa, IL.

Funeral:  11 a.m. on Wednesday March 6, 2024, at First United Methodist Church in Marissa, IL with Rev. Doug Stewart officiating. Burial will follow at Marissa TWP Cemetery in Marissa, IL.

Heil-Schuessler Funeral Home in Marissa, IL is in charge of arrangements.

1. Pat Graham says:

My sympathy to Doug and Lisa , and all the friends and family,
    I know the pain , all my prayers and love be with you and family
    In this difficult time🙏

2. Curtis Paul Lawson says:

3. Wes & Christine Wesselman says:

Dottie and family,
    We were saddened to hear of your sister’s passing. Our condolences to Eileen’s entire family. God grant her eternal rest in our heavenly home and comfort to those who miss her. Rely upon a lifetime of loving memories to heal your aching hearts. God bless you all.

4. Cathy Sinn Flowers says:

Doug and siblings,
    I am so very sorry about your mother’s passing. May she rest in peace, and may God grant you His Peace.

5. Lela Neisler says:

6. Wanda Houston says:

7. Karen Ratay says:

Russell and siblings,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mother. May she rest in eternal peace.

8. Don and Dorothy Bollmeier says:

Our condolences to her family.

8 Comments

1. Our condolences to her family.

2. Russell and siblings,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mother. May she rest in eternal peace.

3. We are sending condolences from Pensacola, FL. We had the pleasure of meeting Eileen when she visited her niece, Donna Luebbers, in Pensacola. We remember her as a beautiful and pleasant person and very special to Donna and the family. Donna has shared with us some of the precious memories she has of Eileen and how blessed she is to have her as an aunt. Our thoughts and prayers will be with Dorothy, Donna, and all of Eileen’s family. Lonnie & Wanda Houston

4. My sympathy to the family. The Ramsey family lived “up the road” from us, when I was growing up. Elaine was a good friend of my half-brother, Ralph Schenke back then. I was sorry when Larry passed away. Also, sad to see that Dr. Bob Heil passed this week, as he was part of that young Marissa group of friends back then.

5. Doug and siblings,

6. Dottie and family,

7. Sympathies extended to the Little family. Eileen had a great reputation during my growing up years in Marissa. I had the pleasure of attending school with Lori and Russell as Russell was my classmate. Their older brother Doug also trained me on a paper route. Wonderful family. Prayers uplifted for the family.

8. My sympathy to Doug and Lisa , and all the friends and family,